Sheepdog Occupational Level 1
Occupational Level 1
Occupational Level One
Putting your life on the line daily is part of the job description. As we face increasing threats of violence every day, the stakes also increase.
At Sheepdog Response, we’ve developed this course to elevate your training and help you respond to events similar to those in recent news. Our instructors are some of the best operators, medics, fighters, and law enforcement in the country.
Sheepdog’s Occupational Level One provides officers the opportunity to improve the skills in order to increase their probability of survival in a dynamic critical incident.
Be prepared to save lives in the line of duty.
About Sheepdog Level One
The Occupational Level One course was designed for Law Enforcement, Military, Swat Medics, Armed Security and other agencies that require a firearm for their occupation.
This two-day class is spent split between the mats and the range, learning defensive tactics, weapons retention, arrest and control, and firearms training. You will spend half of the course learning hand-to-hand and weapons retention, and the other half on the shooting range.
What You’ll Learn
Part 1: Situational Awareness, Defense Tactics, and Weapons Retention
- Always be prepared and aware. The defensive tactics training is two sessions of five hours focused on developing the student’s ability to maintain a state of awareness, assessment, action, and analytical thinking around passive and active responses.
- Maintaining control is key. The skills targeted in this portion are weapon disarming, defense against individual attempting to access your weapon, frontal assault without a weapon, suspect weapon draw, and multiple assailants.
Part 2: Firearm Training
- When it comes fundamentals, you can’t have too much practice. Five hours will be dedicated to weapons training with a primary focus on basic weapon draw, loading, firing, reduction of malfunctions and clearing procedures.
- Critical situations don’t happen under ideal conditions. Marksmanship techniques and best practices will be demonstrated and evaluated through physical and mental stress shooting drills for more realistic “battle tested” defensive tactics. We will practice zeroing techniques and procedures, non-standard firing positions, shooting from cover and concealment and physical and mental stress shooting drills.
- This course will consist of pistol and carbine (if you add on our Occupational Carbine class). You should have a fundamental knowledge of both weapon systems.
Our Occupational Level One course is open anyone who uses a firearm in their occupation. Seats are limited for this event and available as first come, first served.
This course is C.L.E.E.T. Accredited. We also offer Purchase orders for approved agencies.
Not sure if your occupation qualifies? Contact us and we will let you know if you can enroll in Occupational Level One or if our Civilian Level One course is a better fit.
- Firearms Training
- Field Medicine
- Weapon Retention
- Actions on Contact