Sheepdog Level 1
Sheepdog Level 1 & 2
Sheepdog Level One Description
How many times in the last month have you looked down at your phone or checked the news only to see another robbery, kidnapping, or shooting?
We face threats of violence every day, ranging from large-scale terrorism to one-on-one assaults. Most people are unprepared, unequipped, and untrained to respond effectively.
Most people sign up for martial arts or weapons training expecting to learn realistic self-defense, and few get it.
That’s why we’ve developed the Civilian Sheepdog Level One curriculum to addresses the skills you need to successfully respond to these threats.
Are you prepared to save your life … and the lives of others?
About Sheepdog Level One
Learn from some of the best instructors in the world, with decades of experience in shooting, fighting, and tactical trauma care.
You will spend the first night learning about situation awareness and having some one-on-one time with our instructors who will go through your gear setup. The next two days will be split between the mats and the range, learning defensive tactics, weapons retention, and firearms.
What You’ll Learn
Part 1: Situational Awareness
- Situational awareness strategies that will help you prevent, avoid, or respond to threats to yourself and those around you. The quicker you can anticipate an attack, the better your chances are for success. You will learn how to spot threats quicker, and maintain a state of awareness, assessment, action, or analysis at all times.
- The best place to learn is out in the field. We’ll apply the skills we’ve taught you in real-world environments and put you to the test. You will never see the world the same after taking this portion of our course.
Part 2: Fighting Back
- Self defense techniques that will give you a quick and decisive edge when close to the enemy, and teach you to retain your weapons and defend against theirs. Our techniques are based on real world experience, developed by our instructors from their experiences fighting from wars overseas to the UFC Octagon. You will learn a combination of the best martial arts and fighting strategies from around the world.
Part 3: Firearm Safety and Training
- Do you have the skills and mindset necessary to defend yourself and others with a pistol? We will teach you our preferred shooting methods, and explain why we do things the way we do.
- Threat situations don’t happen under perfect conditions. You will shoot in daylight and in the dark as well as in simulated stress situations. You will learn to properly draw, shoot, and reload your gun, and how to deal with malfunctions.
Don’t own a firearm? Please let us know as soon as possible so we can provide one for you or help make arrangements to rent from the local range.
Our Sheepdog Level One course is open to anyone. No prior experience is necessary. Seats are limited and available as first come, first served.
- Self Defense
- Striking Skills
- Weapons Retention
- Rapid Re-loads
- Correcting weapons malfunctions
- Daylight Marksmanship
- Low-light Marksmanship
- First Aid Training
- Situational Awareness
Looking for world class training from some of the best instructors on the planet? We are now offering even more training through our custom course selections. Currently we have Close Quarter Battle (CQB), Women Self Defense, Executive Protection, and Conceal Carry courses. Our instructors can build a custom course to fit your exact needs. If you’re looking for more information on setting up a custom event, please email email@example.com
Up Coming Sheepdog Level 1
Quick View Out of stock
Sheepdog Level Two Description (LEVEL 1 REQUIRED)
“Sheepdogs never stop training. Our job is to crush our weaknesses and turn them into strengths. We dedicate our lives to being the best, to saving lives, and to being the hardest person anyone ever tries to kill.” — Dennis Jones, Director of Training
Take your handgun and combatives skills to the next level with the much anticipated new Sheepdog Level Two course.
In Sheepdog Level One, you learned pistol and grappling fundamentals, situation awareness and an introduction to tactical medicine. You built the foundation for being a warrior and an asset to your family and community.
Now, the time has come to step outside your comfort zone once again and push yourself to an entirely new, and challenging, level.
About Sheepdog Level Two
Our top-tier instructors have once again brought their real-world military and law enforcement experience to this advanced curriculum that is the next logical evolution to your skill set in a challenging three-day course.
You will learn advanced skills combatives and weapons skills that will not only solidify the lessons learned from Level One, but push you to your limits…and beyond.
- Offensive & Defensive Striking
- Advanced Grappling
- Fighting Off the Wall
- Weapons Retention Against a Dedicated Opponent
- Advanced Pistol Marksmanship & Tactics
- Low-Light Engagements
- Non-Standard Shooting Positions, Static and Moving
- Advanced Situational Awareness and Counter-Surveillance
What You’ll Learn
Gym: Your morning starts with a review of Level One grappling and a skills assessment. We then introduce street and combat effective striking, including tactics on closing the distance with your opponent, and “fun” pummeling exercises.
Range: The afternoon is spent exploring advanced situation awareness taught by a seasoned counter-intelligence agent. You will learn in-depth situation awareness including site surveys, trip preparation, and surveillance detection — all culminating in an advanced field exercise.
You will also learn pistol low-light engagement techniques and tactics.
Range: The second morning begins with a review and assessment of your Level One pistol fundamentals. We add pressure and time constraints to test your abilities to perform basic marksmanship and pistol manipulation skills on-demand. The class is then divided by skill level to ensure each student is getting the maximum benefit from the course.
Gym: You learned grappling fundamentals in Level One, and now we add striking to your tools. You will learn basic strikes, striking variables, as well as striking defense. We will test your fitness in a striking gauntlet and learn how to use striking to set up the clinch as well as driving to, and fighting off, a wall.
Range: Day three introduces non-traditional shooting positions including fighting from the ground, kneeling, and during the transition. You will also learn how to effectively use cover and the basics of fighting in and around vehicles.
Gym: After a brief technique review and striking gauntlet exercise, you will continue to advance your skills on fighting off the wall. The day culminates with a realistic wall fight, including weapon retention, against a dedicated opponent.