Post Falls, ID - Protector 2 (Sept 3-5th, 2021)
Please note that you must have attended a Protector 1 (formerly Sheepdog Level 1) to be eligible for Protector 2.
Take your handgun and combatives skills to the next level with the Protector 2 course.
In Protector 1, you learned pistol and grappling fundamentals, situational awareness and performing under stress inoculation. You built the foundation for being a warrior and an asset to your family and community. Now, the time has come to step outside your comfort zone once again and push yourself to an entirely new and challenging level.
When & Where:
September 3-5th, 2021
Friday 7am - 5:30pm (Takes Place at Trevor Pragley's AKA)
Saturday 7am-6pm (Morning Begins at Gym, Lunch transition to Range)
Sunday 7am-5pm (Morning Begins at Gym, Lunch transition to Range)
10014 N Government Way
11400 E Fernan Lake Rd,
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
About Protector 2
Our top-tier instructors have once again brought their real-world military and law enforcement experience to this advanced curriculum, which is the next logical evolution to your skill set in a challenging three-day course.
You will learn advanced defensive tactics and weapons skills that will not only solidify the lessons learned from Protector 1, but push you to your limits and beyond.
- Offensive & Defensive Striking
- Advanced Grappling
- Fighting Off the Wall
- Weapons Retention Against a Dedicated Opponent
- Advanced Pistol Marksmanship & Tactics
- Non-Standard Shooting Positions, Static and Moving
- Advanced Situational Awareness and Counter-Surveillance
What You’ll Learn
Gym: Your morning starts with a review of Protector 1 grappling and a skills assessment. We then introduce street and combat effective striking, including tactics on closing the distance with your opponent, and “fun” pummeling exercises.
Range: You will learn in-depth situation awareness including site surveys, trip preparation, and surveillance detection.You will also learn pistol low-light engagement techniques and tactics.
Range: The second morning begins with a review and assessment of your Protector 1 pistol fundamentals. We add pressure and time constraints to test your abilities to perform basic marksmanship and pistol manipulation skills on-demand. The class is then divided by skill level to ensure each student is getting the maximum benefit from the course.
Gym: You will learn basic strikes, striking variables, as well as striking defense. We will test your fitness in a striking gauntlet and learn how to use striking to set up the clinch, as well as driving to and fighting off a wall.
Range: Day three introduces non-traditional shooting positions including fighting from the ground, kneeling, and during the transition. You will also learn how to effectively use cover and the basics of fighting around vehicles.
Gym: After a brief technique review and striking gauntlet exercise, you will continue to advance your skills on fighting off the wall. The day culminates with a realistic wall fight, including weapon retention against a dedicated opponent.
Don’t own a firearm? Please let us know as soon as possible so we can provide one for you to rent.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get right back to you. See you soon!
- Durable yet comfortable clothing
- Sturdy belt/pistol belt
- Rain Jacket- the event will go forward regardless of weather
- Electronic Hearing Protection (to receive instruction while on the firing line)
- Extra batteries for hearing protection and optic
- Weapons cleaning and maintenance equipment
- 300-400 Rounds of ammunition
- Food (Our lunch breaks will be short, so bring something that does not require any preparation)
- Water (you will need to be drinking water throughout the day to stay hydrated)
- Dummy Rounds X 5
- Retention Holsters (your holster preferably will be made of Kydex which is form-fitted to your pistol. If you use nylon or leather holsters you will need to have a thumb break or some form of retention. If you show up without a proper holster you will have to do all drills off the table. No Blackhawk Serpa holsters allowed.)
- 3-4 Magazines
- Magazine pouch (recommended two)
- Individual First Aid Kit (we highly recommend getting one and learning how to use it)
- Multi tool