Las Vegas - VQC (January 13th, 2022)
*Prerequisite - Sheepdog Level 1, Protector 1 or Pistol 1
Learn from some of the best instructors in the world, with decades of experience in shooting, fighting, and tactical trauma care.
The Vehicle Qualification Course (VQC) is Sheepdog Response’s one day (9
hour) introduction to the fundamentals necessary to operate in and around vehicles in a tactical/self-defense situation. It covers the fundamentals of engaging targets from a vehicle, safe egress from vehicles, safeguarding yourself and others in a vehicle, and using a vehicle for cover in a tactical situation.
Discussions during the course will cover ballistic considerations when shooting from a vehicle, the effects of glass and panels on round trajectory, effective use of standoff from vehicular cover, and the hardened parts of vehicle that provide the best cover. Students will progress from a refresher in pistol basics, non-standard shooting positions, and use of cover to engaging targets from multiple locations in, under, and around a vehicle. Although the goal is not to teach team tactics students may work in groups of up to four per vehicle to maximize training from every position.
When & Where:
Pro Gun Vegas - 12801 Old U.S. 95, Boulder City, NV 89005
Don’t own a firearm? Please let us know as soon as possible so we can provide one for you to rent.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com and we will get right back to you. See you soon!
- Durable yet comfortable clothing
- Sturdy belt/pistol belt
- Rain Jacket- the event will go forward regardless of weather
- Electronic Hearing Protection (to receive instruction while on the firing line)
- Extra batteries for hearing protection and optic
- Weapons cleaning and maintenance equipment
- 400 Rounds of ammunition
- Tourniquet Buy Now
- Food (Our lunch breaks will be short, so bring something that does not require any preparation)
- Water (you will need to be drinking water throughout the day to stay hydrated)
- Dummy Rounds X 5
- Retention Holsters (your holster preferably will be made of Kydex which is form-fitted to your pistol. If you use nylon or leather holsters you will need to have a thumb break or some form of retention. If you show up without a proper holster you will have to do all drills off the table. No Blackhawk Serpa holsters allowed.)
- 3-4 Magazines
- Magazine pouch (recommended two)
- Individual First Aid Kit (we highly recommend getting one and learning how to use it) Buy Now
- Multi tool