Durham, North Carolina - Tactical Trauma Response (December 2-3rd, 2020)
December 2-3rd 2020
8am-4pm Both Days
Sheepdog Response's new Level 1 Tactical Trauma Response Course was developed by our team of experts. We spend a lot of time on scenarios and training under stress. This course is 2 full days (16 hours).
This course is open to anyone. No experience is necessary, and no medical equipment is required for this course. All training gear will be provided to you during the course. Get some of the best hands-on training in the world. This new course is heavily based on hands-on, real-world training scenarios.
Learn how to properly apply a tourniquet, pack a wound, use an Israeli pressure dressing, and much, much more. We bring you our years of experience on the battlefield as well as here inside the United States treating trauma patients. Some of the scenarios for this course will be heavily based on active shooter situations, including school shootings.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- Situation Awareness
- Response to an active shooter situation
- Breakdown and usage of IFAK (Individual 1st Aid Kits)
- Basic 1st Aid and Advanced Trauma wound care
- Application of Gauze & Israeli Bandages, as well as Hemostatic Agents
- Moving and positioning victims with injuries
- Proper use of cover, and cover vs. concealment
- Casualty recovery in Active Shooter Situations
- Mass casualty triage procedures and trauma scene management
- Hemorrhage control, Hemorrhagic Shock
- Airway, Breathing, and Circulation, as well as managing the airway
- Head Trauma
- Document Care