Austin, TX (Marble Falls) - Protector 1 (October 8-10th, 2021)
How many times in the last month have you looked down at your phone or checked the news only to see another robbery, kidnapping, or shooting?
We face threats of violence every day, ranging from large-scale terrorism to one-on-one assaults. Most people are unprepared, unequipped, and untrained to respond effectively.
Most people sign up for martial arts or weapons training expecting to learn realistic self-defense, and few get it.
That’s why we’ve developed the Protector 1 curriculum to address the skills you need to successfully respond to these threats.
Are you prepared to save your life … and the lives of others?
When & Where:
October 8-10th, 2021
Friday 5pm-7:30pm (Take Place at Copperhead Creek Shooting Club at Clubhouse)
Saturday 7am-6pm (Morning Begins at Cornerstone Jiu Jitsu in Leander, Lunch transition to Range)
Sunday 7am-5pm (Morning Begins at Cornerstone Jiu Jitsu in Leander, Lunch transition to Range)
About Protector 1
Learn from some of the best instructors in the world, with decades of experience in shooting and fighting.
You will spend the first night learning situation awareness and having some one-on-one time with our instructors who will go through your gear setup. The next two days will be split between the mats and the range, learning defensive tactics, weapons retention, and firearms handling.
What You’ll Learn
Classroom: Situational awareness strategies that will help you prevent, avoid, or respond to threats to yourself and those around you. The quicker you can anticipate an attack the better your chances are for success. You will learn how to spot threats quicker, and maintain a state of awareness, assessment, action, or analysis at all times.
Gym: You will learn a combination of handpicked defensive tactics and fighting strategies from around the world. Our techniques were developed by our instructors based on real-world experiences in fighting both overseas and in the highest levels of the UFC.
Range: Do you have the skills and mindset necessary to defend yourself and others with a pistol? We will teach you our preferred shooting methods, and explain why we do things the way we do. You will learn to properly draw, shoot, and reload your gun.
Gym: We increase the pressure by adding weapons and arm you with self-defense tactics that will give you a quick and decisive edge when close to the threat, and teach you to retain your weapons and defend against theirs.
Range: A gun fight is never a static environment, and now that you have learned the fundamentals we will have you shooting, moving and utilizing cover along with non standard shooting positions.
Our Protector 1 course is open to anyone. No prior experience is necessary. Seats are limited for this event and available as first come, first served.
- Self Defense Tactics
- Striking Skills
- Weapons Retention
- Proper Loading/Unloading and Reloading
- Correcting Weapons Malfunctions
- Pistol Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Situational Awareness
Don’t own a firearm? Please let us know as soon as possible so we can provide one for you to rent.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get right back to you. See you soon!
- Durable yet comfortable clothing
- Sturdy belt/pistol belt
- Rain Jacket- the event will go forward regardless of weather
- Electronic Hearing Protection (to receive instruction while on the firing line)
- Extra batteries for hearing protection and optic
- Weapons cleaning and maintenance equipment
- 300-400 Rounds of ammunition
- Food (Our lunch breaks will be short, so bring something that does not require any preparation)
- Water (you will need to be drinking water throughout the day to stay hydrated)
- Dummy Rounds X 5
- Retention Holsters (your holster preferably will be made of Kydex which is form-fitted to your pistol. If you use nylon or leather holsters you will need to have a thumb break or some form of retention. If you show up without a proper holster you will have to do all drills off the table. No Blackhawk Serpa holsters allowed.)
- 3-4 Magazines
- Magazine pouch (recommended two)
- Individual First Aid Kit (we highly recommend getting one and learning how to use it)
- Multi tool