Austin (Burnet, TX) - VQC Level 1 (July 11th, 2021)
July 11th, 2021
Sunday 08:00am – 4:00pm
*Prerequisite - Sheepdog Level 1
About VQC Level 1
Learn from some of the best instructors in the world, with decades of experience in shooting, fighting, and tactical trauma care.
This fast-paced course will bring you up to speed on how we fight in and around vehicles from a wide variety of positions while exploring various options for cover and concealment.
We will work on proper weapon system employment while engaging threats in, around, under, and over vehicles in a variety of dynamic situations. We will also explore the effect on ballistics in this environment and the necessary considerations that come with them.
Suggested Packing List
(Optional) Knife that you typically carry
Food / Water
Our lunch breaks will be short, so you might want to bring "sack lunches" or something
That you can carry with you that does not require any preparation
Bring any other snacks you desire
Bring some bottles of water or a refillable container to stay hydrated during the training days
*Please, do not drink alcohol the day/night before training, or during the course in between classes.
Firearm and accessories
Outside the waist or Concealed Carry Holster with Retention* Battle belts are also acceptable.
Light for your pistol if you have one
500-600 rounds Pistol Ammunition
Eye Protection (must be rated for shooting)
Ear Protection *Please bring extra batteries for your ear pro
*Retention Holsters your holster preferably will be made of Kydex which is form-fitted to your pistol. If you use nylon or leather holsters you will need to have a thumb break or some form of retention. If you show up without a proper holster you will have to do all drills off the table. No Blackhawk Serpa holsters allowed.
**Magazine Pouches: Recommended but not necessary. Pockets work but are very slow.
- 2 pairs of durable pants and 2 comfortable shirts Buy Now
- Rain Jacket- the event will go forward regardless of weather
- Baseball cap or another hat with brim Buy Now
- Our lunch breaks will be short, so you might want to bring MREs, "sack lunches" or something that you can carry with you that does not require any preparation
- Bring any other snacks you desire
- Bring some bottles of water or a refillable container to stay hydrated during the training days
- Please, do not drink alcohol the day/night before training, or during the course in between classes.
- Pistol is recommended for transitions, but NOT Required. 200 rounds if you are bringing a pistol.
- 3-4 magazines
- Optic preferred (back up sights for optic)
- 600-700 rounds of ammunition
- Dummy rounds
- IFAK (individual First Aid Kit) Buy Now
- Tourniquet Buy Now
- Ear and Eye Protection (must be rated for shooting) Buy Now