Our Sheepdog Level One course is open to anyone. No experience is necessary. Learn from some of the best instructors in the world, with decades of experience in shooting, fighting, and tactical trauma care. You will spend the first night learning about situation awareness and having some one-on-one time with our instructors who will go through your gear setup. The next two days will be split between the mats and the range, learning defensive tactics, weapons retention, and firearms. Come train with Tim Kennedy the week before Shot Show!
- Self Defense
- Firearms Training
- First Aid Training
- Situational Awareness Skills
We are excited to announce that the Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino will be proving all attendee’s a discounted rate of $49.99 per night for this course! You must call the hotel directly and use the code “Sheepdog” to receive this discounted rate. *Rates Sunday – Thursday are $49.99, Friday/Saturday rates are $69.99 (If you decided to come early and stay for the entire week)
Read more about our Sheepdog Level 1 Course in our 3 Part Blog Series: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Question: I have never shot a gun or trained, can I still come?
Answer: Yes, we are experts in teaching people who have zero experience in firearms and hand-to-hand. We will provide you with a solid foundation. No experience is needed. We guarantee that regardless of your skill level, you will get value from this course.
Question: My physical fitness is lacking, will I be able to complete the course, or should I get in shape first?
Answer: Our goal is to assess your physical capabilities and work with you on the best ways to improve. Our expert instructors will ensure that as long as you have strong willpower to continue, you will be able to finish the course. Bottom line: We want to make you the most lethal version of yourself that you can be.
Question: I don’t own a firearm, how can I complete the course without a weapon?
Answer: Most of the ranges may be able to rent you a firearm. Sheepdog Response also has a very limited supply of rentals. Rental costs are apprx. $100.
Question: How much ammo will I need to bring?
Answer: 500 – 600 rounds is what you’ll need for this course. You may be able to buy ammo in advance from the range.
Question: When will I receive a detailed itinerary for this course.
Answer: Once you sign up for your course, you will be emailed a detailed itinerary.
Question: Do you have a packing list?
Answer: Please see the packing list tab. You will also be emailed a packing list once you sign up.
Question: I’m an executive and own a business, can I hire Sheepdog Response for a team building event?
Answer: Yes, we can specifically create a program for your organization that can last between 1 -3 day, or even longer. It will focus on teamwork, business cohesion, and operating under stress.
Question: How old do I need to be for this course?
Answer: 18 years old is the minimum. Please note that some ranges may require you to be 21. Please email [email protected] if you would like information on a specific event.
Question: I can’t afford the course, how can I still come?
Answer: We schedule our courses in advance, and we will occasionally take downpayments and create a payment plan, as long as you pay off the total before the start of the course. *Disclaimer: All payments are non-refundable.
Question: I’m a 3-Gun competitor, or professional shooter, can I do the Occupational course instead of Sheepdog Level 1?
Answer: No, unless you carry a firearm occupationally you cannot attend the Occupational Level 1 course. Applications will be review by our board of instructors on a case-by-case basis.
*If you have any further questions, please email us or call 512-993-2999. [email protected]
- 2 pairs of durable pants and 2 comfortable shirts for shooting courses
- 2 pairs of shorts and 2 shirts/rash guards you can train combatives in
- Rain Jacket- the event will go forward regardless of weather
- Baseball cap or other hat with brim
- (optional) Ear Guards for grappling
- Bright flashlight
- (Optional) Knife that you typically carry
Food / Water
- Our lunch breaks will be short, so you might want to bring “sack lunches” or something
That you can carry with you for Saturday and Sunday that does not require any preparation
- Bring any other snacks you desire
- Bring some bottles of water or a refillable container to stay hydrated during the training days
Firearm and accessories
- Outside the waist or Concealed Carry Holster with Retention* Battle belts are also acceptable.
- Light for your pistol if you have one
- 3-4 magazines
- Mag Pouches**
- Sturdy Belt***
- 500 – 600 rounds Pistol Ammunition
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection *Please bring extra batteries for your ear pro
- *Retention Holsters your holster preferably will be made of Kydex which is form fitted to your pistol. If you use nylon or leather holsters you will need to have a thumb break or some form of retention. If you show up without a proper holster you will have to do all drills off the table. No Blackhawk Serpa holsters allowed.
- **Magazine Pouches: Recommended but not necessary. Pockets work but are very slow.
- ***Sturdy Belt: This needs to be sturdy leather or reinforced nylon. Flimsy belts will not properly secure a holster. If you come with a belt that does not secure the weapon you will have to work off the table as well.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] and we will get right back to you. See you soon!