Occupational Level One
Black Friday thru Cyber Monday Only – Purchase a Course, get a free 5.11 Covrt 18 Backpack, Gerber StrongArm Knife, and a T-Shirt! If your shipping address is different than your billing address, please put that in the order notes! *Carbine & BJJ seminars excluded
Putting your life on the line daily is part of the job description. As we face increasing threats of violence every day, the stakes also increase.
At Sheepdog Response, we’ve developed this course to elevate your training and help you respond to events similar to those in recent news. Our instructors are some of the best operators, medics, fighters, and law enforcement in the country.
Sheepdog’s Occupational Level One provides officers the opportunity to improve the skills in order to increase their probability of survival in a dynamic critical incident.
Be prepared to save lives in the line of duty.
About Sheepdog Level One
The Occupational Level One course was designed for Law Enforcement, Military, Swat Medics, Armed Security and other agencies that require a firearm for their occupation.
This two-day class is spent split between the mats and the range, learning defensive tactics, weapons retention, arrest and control, and firearms training. You will spend half of the course learning hand-to-hand and weapons retention, and the other half on the shooting range.
What You’ll Learn
Part 1: Situational Awareness, Defense Tactics, and Weapons Retention
- Always be prepared and aware. The defensive tactics training is two sessions of five hours focused on developing the student’s ability to maintain a state of awareness, assessment, action, and analytical thinking around passive and active responses.
- Maintaining control is key. The skills targeted in this portion are weapon disarming, defense against individual attempting to access your weapon, frontal assault without a weapon, suspect weapon draw, and multiple assailants.
Part 2: Firearm Training
- When it comes fundamentals, you can’t have too much practice. Five hours will be dedicated to weapons training with a primary focus on basic weapon draw, loading, firing, reduction of malfunctions and clearing procedures.
- Critical situations don’t happen under ideal conditions. Marksmanship techniques and best practices will be demonstrated and evaluated through physical and mental stress shooting drills for more realistic “battle tested” defensive tactics. We will practice zeroing techniques and procedures, non-standard firing positions, shooting from cover and concealment and physical and mental stress shooting drills.
- This course will consist of pistol and carbine (if you add on our Occupational Carbine class). You should have a fundamental knowledge of both weapon systems.
Our Occupational Level One course is open anyone who uses a firearm in their occupation. Seats are limited for this event and available as first come, first served.
This course is C.L.E.E.T. Accredited. We also offer Purchase orders for approved agencies.
Not sure if your occupation qualifies? Contact us and we will let you know if you can enroll in Occupational Level One or if our Civilian Level One course is a better fit.
- Firearms Training
- Field Medicine
- Weapon Retention
- Actions on Contact
We are excited to announce that the Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino will be proving all attendee’s a discounted rate of $49.99 per night for this course! You must call the hotel directly and use the code “Sheepdog” to receive this discounted rate. *Rates Sunday – Thursday are $49.99, Friday/Saturday rates are $69.99 (If you decided to stay for the entire week)
Question: I am a EMT, do I qualify to take this course?
Answer: Occupation Level 1 is for anyone who carries a firearm occupationally; Law enforcement, Active Military, Swat Medics, Private armed security, Executive Protection, Private investigators, Gov’t LE agencies, border patrol, Prison guards, etc.
Question: I am a Veteran, can I take this course?
Answer: If you are a 20 year retired veteran, Yes. Otherwise you must be actively in the military with an ID card. If you are in the reserves, you can still attend our occupational events, as long as you have your current MIL ID.
Question: My physical fitness is lacking, will I be able to complete the course, or should I get in shape first?
Answer: Our goal is to assess your physical capabilities and work with you on the best ways to improve. Our expert instructors will ensure that as long as you have strong willpower to continue, you will be able to finish the course. Bottom line: We want to make you the most lethal version of yourself that you can be.
Question: Is your company accredited so I can use this course for continuing education?
Answer: Yes, we are currently certified through C.L.E.E.T., as well as POST in certain states.
Question: Do you take Purchase Orders from Agencies?
Answer: Yes, please email [email protected] for a quote to start the PO process.
Question: Do you currently have any scholarships available?
Answer: We no longer work with a 501C3 charity, however, we are in the process of working with a new charity that is in line with our values.
Question: Do you a packing list for this course?
Answer: Yes, please see the next tab for the course packing list.
Question: When will I receive a detailed itinerary for this course.
Answer: Once you sign up for your course, you will be emailed a detailed itinerary.
Question: Do you offer group discounts?
Answer: Yes, please email [email protected] for more information.
If you have any further questions, please email us or call 512-993-2999. [email protected]
Clothing and Gear Required
- 2 pairs of durable pants and 2 comfortable shirts for shooting courses
- 2 pairs of shorts and 2 shirts/rash guards you can train combatives in
- Rain Jacket- the event will go forward regardless of weather
- Baseball cap or other hat with brim
- Bright flashlight
Food / Water
- Our lunch breaks will be short, so you might want to bring MREs, “sack lunches” or something that you can carry with you for Wednesday and Thursday that does not require any preparation
- Bring any other snacks you desire
- Bring some bottles of water or a refillable container to stay hydrated during the training days
Firearm and Accessories
- Your usual duty belt or kit that you typically have on you at work
- Lights for your guns if you have them
- 3-4 magazines for each gun
- Mag Pouches
- 800 rounds of pistol ammo
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection *Please bring extra batteries for your ear pro
Carbine (If you signed up for both Occupational L1 and Carbine)
- 3-4 magazines
- Weapons cleaning and maintenance equipment
- Optic preferred (back up sights for optic)
- Apprx. 600 rounds of ammunition
*Retention Holsters your holster preferably will be made of Kydex which is form fitted to your pistol. If you use nylon or leather holsters you will need to have a thumb break or some form of retention. If you show up without a proper holster you will have to do all drills off the table. No Blackhawk Serpa holsters allowed.
**Magazine Pouches: Recommended but not necessary. Pockets work but are very slow.
***Sturdy Belt: This needs to be sturdy leather or reinforced nylon. Flimsy belts will not properly secure a holster. If you come with a belt that does not secure the weapon you will have to work off the table as well.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] and we will get right back to you. See you soon!