Our new Carbine Level One course is open to anyone. No experience necessary. Learn from some of the best instructors in the world, with decades of experience. This is our first non-occupational Carbine course.
- Carbine function and maintenance
- Ancillary equipment selection and set up for carbine
- Loading, firing, reducing malfunctions and clearing procedures
- Zeroing techniques and procedures
- Marksmanship and Combat marksmanship
- Non-standard firing positions
- Shooting utilizing cover and concealment techniques
We are pleased to announce that we’ve secured a group rate at a pair of local hotels that are about 1 mile from the training center. The Sheepdog Response group rate will be $109.00 – $119.00, between two Hotels. Reservations must be made before January 22nd, 2019. These rates are available starting on 2/12, through 2/17. Once you signup for the event, a custom Hotel link will be sent to you.
Question: Do I need the experience to take this class?
Answer: No experience is necessary, but you should have a basic understanding of your weapon system.
Question: My physical fitness is lacking, will I be able to complete the course, or should I get in shape first?
Answer: While being in shape will help you during this course, there is no specific requirement from a physical standpoint.
Question: Do you currently have any scholarships available?
Answer: We no longer work with a 501C3 charity, however, we are in the process of working with a new charity that is in line with our values.
Question: Do you a packing list for this course?
Answer: Yes, please see the next tab for the course packing list.
Question: When will I receive a detailed itinerary for this course.
Answer: Once you sign up for your course, you will be emailed a detailed itinerary.
Question: Do you offer group discounts?
Answer: Yes, typically for groups of 5 or more. Please email [email protected] for more information.
If you have any further questions, please email us or call 512-993-2999. [email protected]
Clothing and Gear Required
A pair of durable pants and 2 comfortable shirts for shooting courses
Rain Jacket- the event will go forward regardless of weather
Baseball cap or other hat with brim
Food / Water
- Our lunch breaks will be short, so you might want to bring MREs, “sack lunches” or something that you can carry with you.
- Bring any other snacks you desire
- Bring some bottles of water or a refillable container to stay hydrated during the training
Firearm and Accessories
- 3-4 magazines
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection
- Extra batteries for your ear pro
- Weapons cleaning and maintenance equipment
- Optic preferred (back up sights for optic)
- Apprx. 600 rounds of ammunition
If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] and we will get right back to you. See you soon!