An IFAK is just what it sounds like, an individual first aid kit, which is personalized to match the needs of the individual carrying it.
We believe every American ought to have his/her own IFAK with all the necessary contents. These contents consist of some of the best pre-hospital supplies necessary to save lives. The main components of an IFAK were figured out in accordance with evidence-based medicine and best practices, in accordance with TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care) guidelines
The standards for TCCC are cutting-edge, and significantly improved the survivability rate of our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. This made it possible for the United States to bring more of our heroes and loved ones back home.
There are a variety of practical uses for an IFAK:
- In the event you are injured, you can begin to treat yourself while you’re waiting for medical personnel to arrive. As an example, if you sever an artery; you could bleed out within minutes, and a tourniquet may be the only way to save your life.
- If you are wounded and cannot perform self-aid; another person may have to use your IFAK to save your life if medical personnel does not arrive on scene quickly enough.
- In the event a person or multiple persons are wounded; they may need immediate medical attention before first responders arrive on the scene. Your IFAK could be the difference between who lives and who dies.
Think about the fact that 90% of all combat injury-related fatalities occur before the patient ever gets to the hospital. As a result, the fate of the injured operator or civilian remains in the hands of the very first responder. Having the appropriate IFAK is crucial to saving lives.
Here at Sheepdog Response, we offer a wide variety of IFAKs that are designed to provide you with everything you need to save lives in the case of an emergency. All of our IFAKs have the best lifesaving medical supplies in them; such as tourniquets, combat gauze, pressure dressings, chest seals, etc.
We have put together one of the best trauma kits on the market, by using our real-world medical knowledge. The Sheepdog Response trauma kit comes in a tactical Rip-Away pouch and all the medical gear included is of the highest quality. We only use the very best, battle-tested gear.
SDR Trauma Kit Reccomended Contents:
- Rip-Away pouch
- 4 in. X 4 in. Burntec dressing
- Z-Fold Combat Gauze
- Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) Gen. 7
- 4” Emergency Trauma Dressing
- NAR S-Rolled Gauze
- ARS for needle decompression (14 gauge X 3.25”)
- Hyfin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack
- Nasopharyngeal Airway 28F, with lubricant
- RATS Tourniquet
- Trauma Shears
Your gear is only as good as your skills.
If you want to know the 5 skills it takes to save a life, take one of our Tactical Trauma Response Courses taught by SDR instructor Matt Smith, a 20-year veteran of Special Operations and Army TCCC instructor, Certified Flight Paramedic, and Critical Care Paramedic.